INF-2300 Computer Communication - 10 ECTS
Course contentThe course focuses on properties of communication between computers, and the machinery needed to facilitate the communication. Among the properties are those arising from the uncertainty of delivery, the omnipresence of errors, and lack of global consistence and authority. The course also introduce how to develop and use high level distributed programming abstractions including RPC/RMI, Web Services, Publish-Subscribe systems, and similar.
Objectives of the course
Knowledge - The student has:
- an in-depth knowledge of challenges and solutions related to providing reliable communication between computers
- an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the layered Internet architecture, services related to each layer, current communication protocols, and available solutions
- knowledge about approaches to develop network centric applications using application level protocols
Skills - The student can:
- design and implement network protocols that enable communication between computers
- use, design and implement application level protocols
- design and implement network centric applications using application level protocols
- use web-entric protocols (web-services) in the development of such applications
General competence - The student:
- understands how network protocols work, are defined and are used
- can grasp the concept of a layered architecture and its advantages
- understands the concept of network centric applications and the role of a client and a server with such applications
Information to incoming exchange students
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has recommended academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|School exam||29.11.2022 09:00||4 Hours||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Written assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2300
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet