SIK-2001 Risk analysis of engineering systems - 10 ECTS
Key concepts: risk, vulnerability, reliability, uncertainty.
Theories: Critical evaluation of theories and methods of risk analysis, Analyses in different phases, Acceptance criteria for risk (relative to personnel, the environment and economic values). Planning and implementation of risk and vulnerability analysis: purpose, analysis group, scheduling, communication, documentation, hazard identification, root cause analysis, impact analysis, the use of empirical data, risk calculation, etc. The decision process. Economic aspects, cost / benefit analysis, ALARP.
Introduction to reliability anlysis, The most commonly used distributions for product life and their applications, System reliability and reliability block diagrams (RBDs)
Objectives of the course
- has knowledge of the concept of risk and different theories and methods of risk analysis and management.
- can plan and implement various methods of risk analysis in conjunction with the technical engineering systems.
- has insight into risk, vulnerability, reliability, uncertainty and how identifies risks to health, safety and environment.
- can use empirical data in risk calculations.
Information to incoming exchange students
This course is open for inbound exchange students.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
|Assignment||02.05.2023 13:00||1/4||A–E, fail F|
|School exam||07.06.2023 09:00||3/4||4 Hours||A–E, fail F|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SIK-2001
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for teknologi og sikkerhet
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet