RUS-3030 Concepts and Categories: Contemporary Russian Cognitive Linguistics - 10 ECTS
A bachelor's degree (180 ECTS), or equivalent qualification, in Russian or Russian Studies (with specialization in Russian) with a minimum of 80 ECTS in the Russian coursework. An average grade equivalent to C for the bachelor degree is required. For more information, please contact the Student Advisor.
Code: 9371 (Nordic applicants)
Objectives of the course
After completing the course you will have acquired the following knowledge and abilities:
- knowledge about recent advances in Russian linguistics and a good understanding of the core ideas of cognitive linguistics.
- write academically: formulate research questions and hypotheses and collect and analyse data from electronic corpora
- structure a linguistic argument
- use theoretical literature in linguistic research
Classes include a seminar, based on the readings and practical exercises (problem sets). Each student has to choose and present (~30 min.) one of the papers from the list. Students are also required to hand in two questions for every paper discussed in class in written form at the beginning of the class. The problem sets are small sets of data that students and professors analyze together. All students must prepare all problem sets before class. After class, the students write up their own analysis (1-2 pages), which is handed in the following week.
The course will be evaluated once every second year.
|Assignment||Innlevering: 24.05.2023 kl. 14:00||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|One school test in class||Approved/ Not approved|
|Problem sets||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: RUS-3030
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for språk og kultur
- Spørsmål om emnet
- E-post: email@example.com
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet