ECO_CARE is developing a Critical Legal Research and Community Based Research Platform (CLR&CBR Platform), which includes courses organized with the Faculty of Law, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Unirio, the Rural University of Rio de Janeiro, and the University of Turin (Department of Excellence, Law and the Department of Management).
THE ECOCARE ONLINE PLATFORM: A MULTI-TIERED APPROACH
Illustration by V. Russo for the ECOCARE book: Murray, Russo, Poto Follow Your Heart. The School of multipotentialites. Aracne, 2022.
1.) The first layer of our CLR&CBR platform includes a Canvas room, embedded in the UiT The Arctic University of Norway system and open to non-UiT parties here: The ECOCARE Canvas Room. The room is divided into 4 modules, corresponding to the 4 thematic areas (TA) of the project:
The four modules are preceded by an Introduction and they are constantly updated with learning materials and resources available for anyone interested in our research.
2.) The second layer is composed of courses and presentations developed within ECO_CARE satellite-projects, in coordination with the University of Turin (Department of Law, and Department of Management, Italy), the Federal University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, and McMaster University in Canada. Teachers and presenters include ECO_CARE members (Poto, Parola, De Souza Tavares, Hayden), students of the McMaster Practicum (Cummins, Bennett in 2022), visiting researchers from our partner institutions (Peftieva).
These courses include:
- A module on the New Horizons of the Agenda 2030 for the Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Unito (M. P. Poto)
- A module on Legal Design and Visual Law for the Bachelor's Degree in Business Management Unito and Unirio (G. Parola)
- A cycle of doctoral classes on Law and Emotions for the PhD Program in Law, the Individual and the Market, Unito (R. De Souza Tavares)
- An English course for project members and participants, based on the ECO_CARE vocabulary (A. Bennett and A. Cummins)
- The Story About Knowledge translated into Ukrainian by prof. Olena Peftieva
3.) The third layer include courses and presentations provided for and by our exchange students (in 2022-2023: Tsiouvalas, Campos, Ricco)
In compliance with the project's commitment, the partner Universities in Norway and Brazil have been organizing Ph.D. and Master's student exchanges. Scholarships are provided and travel costs fully covered. Contact us for further details, should you be interested in any of these opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.) Open access learning resources
ECO_CARE strongly supports the open-access approach: we believe in the right to education and access to information for all. Therefore, our fourth layer includes extra open access learning resources. We are moving toward a full open-access policy for our publications, we developed a fully educational ECOCARE Instagram Account (content creators: Murray and Russo), and we are working on docu-films on our ECOCARE Youtube Channel. In addition, our list of educational materials is constantly updated and includes:
- the ECO_CARE Activity Booklet created by Alexa Bennett and Aoife Cummins (McMaster, Canada). A PDF version of the activity booklet can be found here!
- the audiorecording of A Story About Knowledge (Aracne 2021) narrated by Alexa Bennett and Aoife Cummins
- A Story About Knowledge/Оповідання про знання for Ukrainian pupils, teachers, and students translated by prof. Olena Peftieva (Mariupol State University and University of Turin)
- Taruma, waters that speak for Ukrainian pupils, teachers, and students translated by prof. Olena Peftieva (Mariupol State University and University of Turin)
- A presentation by Margherita Poto for PhD Students on Unthinking Western Approaches to Law
- A Video Presentation of A Story About Knowledge presented by Margherita Poto at the PolarRES with the Future Generation
- Juliana Hayden's Presentation on her Contribution to ECO_CARE (20 December 2022)
- Margherita Poto's presentation on Arctic Governance as a course module in the McMaster Circumpolar Health Course (GLOBALHTH 717) (13 February 2023)
- Poto, Murray, Russo, Book Launch and Scientific Workshop "Follow Your Heart. The School for Multipotentialites", Septentrio UiT Report, 2023, https://doi.org/10.7557/7.6986
- Poto, M. P., Murray, E. M., Russo, V., & Green, J. (2023). Second Book Launch and Creative Bilingual Workshop “Follow Your Heart. The School for Multipotentialites”. Septentrio Reports, (1) https://doi.org/10.7557/7.7037
- the platform Follow Your Heart Education
- Lohse, E. J., Poto, M. P., Campos, C., Duglio, S., Engst, M., Fischer, M., Gänzle, R., Hayden-Nygren, J., Kuhlmann, D., Lawrenz, I., Morrison, A., Owens, A., Panieri, G., Parola, G., Porrone, A., Schafmeister, P., Ströher, A., & Weidelt, T. (2023). An Innovative Partnership and Methods for Knowledge Co-Production in Water Governance. The case study of the Gesso Stura Natural Park. Septentrio Reports, (1). https://doi.org/10.7557/7.7092
- Poto, M. P., Murray, E. M., Russo, V., & Vita, L. (2023). Third Book Launch, Workshop and Next Steps “Follow Your Heart. The School for Multipotentialites”. Septentrio Reports, (1). https://doi.org/10.7557/7.7101
- De Souza Tavares, R., Webex: LOT: Emotions, Public Policies and Risk Regulation: insights from the psychology of decision making-20230622 1204-1; https://unito.webex.com/unito/ldr.php?RCID=031af3fc540d73820b5a7b286bcddf3c
- Follow Your Heart in farsi translated by Mohammad Abniki, as a project result of the ECOCARE internship 2023
- Guidelines for ECO_CARE exchange students (in Portuguese), by Danilo Ricco, as a project result of the ECOCARE exchange 2023.