MAS-2502 Thermodynamics - 10 ECTS
- Thermodynamic systems
- Propoerty, state, proecss and equilibriuim
- Energy and first law of thermodynamics
- Energy transfer by work of heat
- Energy balance for systems and cycles
- Evaluating & retrieving thermodynamic properties of a system
- Tables of thermodynamic properties
- Conservation of mass and energy for a control volume
- Second law of thermodynamics
- Introduction to vapor power cycles
- Vapor refrigeration and heat pump systems
- Basics of heat transfer (conduction & convection)
Objectives of the course
After passing the course, students will have the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
This course aims to build the foundation for preparing students to get an understanding and work professionally in the area of thermodynamics and related processes.
Students will learn to apply their knowledge in the subject to solve general and specific problems in thermodynamics on a well-founded and understandable way.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the theories and concepts regarding thermodynamics & basics of heat transfer.
- Describe functions and usage of thermodynamic processes and related components, e.g. heat pumps.
- Apply principles of engineering, basic science and mathematics to model, analyse, design and realize thermodynamics systems, components and processes.
- Perform technical calculations on systems as well as components within the technical area.
Information to incoming exchange students
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
Deadline: 15th April
|School exam||22.11.2023 09:00||3 Hours||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Class lectures||Approved/ Not approved|
|Lab work report/assignment||Approved/ Not approved|
|Assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik | Online | Annet |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: MAS-2502
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for industriell teknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet