LAR-3072 Digital Landscapes - 6 ECTS
Course contentCombined theory and practical course with a focus on digital resources to use in studies of landscape and larger territories. The course gives insight to theory and technology behind central digital resources and knowledge of their practical application within different fields, including how they can be applied innovatively within landscape architecture. The course will, among others, give knowledge of remote sensing as a technology, and practical training in the application of LIDAR for surveying terrain and vegetation and GIS for the simulation of wind and water flow.
Objectives of the course
After passing the course, the student will have the following learning outcomes:
- Specific knowledge of the use of LIDAR and GIS
- General knowledge of the theory and technology behind central digital resources that can be used for the study of landscape and larger territories, including remote sensing.
- Understanding of the significance of digital resources for the study of landscape and larger territories, and as innovative tools in the development of landscape architecture.
- To be able to collect and handle data from the internet for use in studies of landscape and larger territories.
- To be able to apply LIDAR to the surveying of terrain and vegetation.
- To be able to apply GIS to simulate wind and water flow.
- The ability to apply theoretical knowledge in connection with practical exercises.
- The ability to apply LIDAR and GIS through practical exercises with a certain degree of complexity.
- The ability to reflect critically on the possibilities and limitations of digital resources in relation to the study of landscape, larger territories and the development of landscape architecture.
|Off campus exam||
Utlevering: 03.11.2023 kl. 09:00
Innlevering: 10.11.2023 kl. 14:00
|1 Weeks||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Reflective notes||Approved/ Not approved|
|Documentation of exercises using LIDAR and GIS||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 6
- Course code: LAR-3072
- Responsible unit
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet