LAR-3072 Digital Landscapes - 6 ECTS
After passing the course, the student will have the following learning outcomes:
- Specific knowledge of the use of LIDAR and GIS
- General knowledge of the theory and technology behind central digital resources that can be used for the study of landscape and larger territories, including remote sensing.
- Understanding of the significance of digital resources for the study of landscape and larger territories, and as innovative tools in the development of landscape architecture.
- To be able to collect and handle data from the internet for use in studies of landscape and larger territories.
- To be able to apply LIDAR to the surveying of terrain and vegetation.
- To be able to apply GIS to simulate wind and water flow.
- The ability to apply theoretical knowledge in connection with practical exercises.
- The ability to apply LIDAR and GIS through practical exercises with a certain degree of complexity.
- The ability to reflect critically on the possibilities and limitations of digital resources in relation to the study of landscape, larger territories and the development of landscape architecture.
|Off campus exam||03.11.2023 09:00 (Hand out)
10.11.2023 14:00 (Hand in)
|1 Weeks||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Reflective notes||Approved – not approved|
|Documentation of exercises using LIDAR and GIS||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 6
- Course code: LAR-3072
- Responsible unit
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet