Public Lecture: Gender and War - Maria Fritsche
Maria Fritsche is Professor of history at NTNU in Trondheim, and from this semester Adjunct Professor at the Department of archeology, history, religious studies and theology (AHR/HSL).
Maria Fritsche is from Austria and has studied history, political science, gender and film studies at the universities of Vienna, Bern and Portsmouth, before she took up her current position at NTNU. Her research is strongly interdisciplinary oriented and focuses on the 20th century:
- film and cinema history
- gender & masculinity
- West European society & culture after WWII
- WWII, National Socialism, Wehrmacht,German military justice
- war, soldiers & the military as social institution
- Holocaust, genocide, memory, justice and international law
- social and cultural history of Austria
We have asked Maria Fritsche to give a lecture on the topic of gender and war as an introduction to her period as adjunct professor at our university.