Take control of your PhD journey: EndNote basic
How to manage your references
When your references keep piling up, you need to work out a system that can handle large amounts of references and make it easy for you to retrieve them when necessary.
This seminar gives an introduction to the reference management software EndNote (http://endnote.com). EndNote, with an extensive functionality, has two major advantages: You can create a personal EndNote library with your own references, and you can use EndNote to enter references, in one click, into your Word document.
This seminar takes you through the basics of EndNote:
- Set up an EndNote library and collect references
- Import references from external databases (e.g. Oria)
- Search for and organise references in your EndNote library
- Insert references into a Word document using references from your EndNote library
- Edit citations and reference lists in Word
Note that we expect you to install the program before the seminar, and also that you have basic word processing skills in MS Word.
Light refreshments will be served during the break.
This seminar is a freestanding part of the seminar series Take control of your PhD journey: From (p)reflection to publishing.