- Circumpolar prehistoric foodways by isotope and element analyses.
- Comparative gatherer-hunter-fisher archaeology in the northern and southern temperate and sub-arctic, and arctic areas, with emphasis on social and economic relations.
- The Northern Fennoscandian Stone Age.
- Analytical methods with emphasis on computer-based quantitative methods, including multivariate statistics, spatial analysis on both local and regional scales, and geographical information systems (GIS).
- Cultural Resource Management.
- Archaeology, politics and society.
- Research Politics.
Professor i arkeologi.
Blankholm, Hans Peter: 1991. Intrasite Spatial Analysis in Theory and Practice. Aarhus University Press. Århus.
Blankholm, Hans Peter: 1996. On the Track of a Prehistoric Economy. Maglemosian Subsistence in Early Postglacial South Scandinavia. Aarhus University Press. Århus.