Afonso Rolhas Fernandes Das Neves, Maria Madalena
Maria Madalena das Neves is an associate professor at the Faculty of Law, and a researcher at the Norwegian Centre for the Law of the Sea (previously K. G. Jebsen Centre for the Law of the Sea), at UiT – The Arctic University of Norway. Maria is currently the academic director of the LLM Programme in Law of the Sea. Maria also teaches energy law and international and EU trade law. Maria is an attorney enrolled in the Portuguese Bar Association and has worked as an attorney with a number of companies and public entities in the energy and maritime sectors. She has also been the legal advisor to the Honorary Consul of Portugal to Tromsø, Norway (2011-2017). Maria holds a Licenciatura in law (Portuguese Catholic University), a Postgraduate Diploma in maritime law (Portuguese Lusophone University), a LL.M. in law of the sea (University of Tromsø), and a Ph.D. in enegy law (University of Tromsø). Maria has also completed the Rhodes Academy of Oceans Law and Policy. Maria has also been a visiting researcher at the Groningen Centre for Energy Law at the University of Groningen, Netherlands; and a guest associate professor at the Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University, Japan.
- Gaunce, Julia Martha; Solski, Jan Jakub; Parlov, Iva; Neves, Maria Madalena das. Anthropocentric Ocean Connectivity: A Pluralistic Legal-Regulatory Model. Arctic Review on Law and Politics 2021; Volum 12. ISSN 1891-6252.s 222 - 237.s doi: 10.23865/ARCTIC.V12.3293.
- Neves, Maria Madalena das. Offshore Renewable Energy and the Law of the Sea. Cambridge University Press 2020 ISBN 9781108907118.s 206 - 233.
- Bankes, Nigel; Neves, Maria Madalena das. The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and the Arctic. Palgrave Macmillan 2019 ISBN 978-3-030-20556-0.s 375 - 391.
- Neves, Maria Madalena das; Bankes, Nigel. The Energy Policies of Selected Arctic States. 2015 ISBN 978‐92‐893‐4081‐6.s 119 - 134.
- Neves, Maria Madalena das. Electricity interconnection and trade between Norway and Russia. (fulltekst) Arctic Review on Law and Politics 2014. ISSN 1891-6252.
Research areas: law of the sea, energy law, EU/EEA law, international trade law, international investment law, nuclear law.
JUR-2003 EU/EØS-rett - 2021
JUR-3619 Energy and Climate Change Law - 2020-2021
JUR-3619 Energy Law - 2012-2019
JUR-3602 Introduction to International and EU Trade Law - 2018-2021
JUR-3050 General Law of the Sea - 2013, 2015, 2018-2021
JUR-3053 Law of the Sea and the Arctic - 2016-2021
JUR-3054 General Law of the Sea II - 2016-2020
LLM Writing Courses - 2013, 2015, 2017-2019
Introductory Pedagogic Courses for PhD students - 2017, 2018
Regulation of Energy Activities under Public International Law (Kobe University, Japan) - 2017
Other faculty service:
2018- Alternate Member of the Faculty of Law Academic Committee, UiT
2018- Head of Exams Committee for the LL.M. Programme in Law of the Sea
2018- Academic Director of the LL.M. Programme in Law of the Sea
2013-2014 Alternate Member of the Faculty of Law Research Committee, UiT
Klikk for større kart