Nordic applicants: 15th of April
International applicants: 15th of November
How to apply?
This discipline focuses on knowledge and skills in risk and reliability theory for complex systems, advanced use of modelling, software and expert judgement, and methods and tools for managing and controlling risk and safety for technological systems.
Listed below are the learning outcomes for the discipline in Risk and reliability for the Master´s degree in Technology and Safety in the High North. For the general learning outcomes for the Master`s, see the main page.
- has a thorough knowledge and understanding of key theoretical and practical concepts and terminology in the area of technology and safety.
- has advance knowledge and understanding of the fundamental basis of risk and reliability engineering.
- has in-depth knowledge about scientific theory, methods and tools for managing and controlling complex technical systems and operations in different environmental condition.
- can apply their knowledge of risk and reliability to new technological areas.
- can use existing knowledge and theories of technology safety for analyzing, planning and solving engineering related problems
- can use risk and reliability theory for operation and maintenance management and engineering of technology.
- can model the impact of environment condition on the performance of technology and safety.
- can use the historical date and also simulation in the process of decision making for improvement of the safety of engineering system.
|Term||10 ects||10 ects||10 ects|
|1st Semester (Autumn)|
|2nd Semester (Spring)||
|3rd Semester (Autumn)||
|4th Semester (Spring)|
|Recommended elective courses||
AT-327 Arctic Offshore Engineering (UNIS)
Andre studier du kanskje vil like
Lær hvordan samfunnet kan forebygge ulykker og håndtere kriser. Studer samfunnsikkerhet og miljø ved...
This master program gives you a unique knowledge aimed towards technology and safety challenges in t...
Vær med på å gjøre ingeniørbransjen mer grønn! Bli ingeniør i bærekraftig teknologi, lær om fornybar...