MAT-3202 Nonlinear Waves - 10 ECTS
Spring 2020 If only a few students attend this course spring 2020, it will be given as a reading-coures.
Applicants from Nordic countries: 1 June for the autumn semester and 1 December for the spring semester. Applicants from outside the Nordic countries: 1 October for the spring semester and 15 April for the autumn semester.
Objectives of the course
After completing the course the students should know basic theory for modeling of linear and non-linear continuum systems, including:
- hyperbolic and dispersive continuum models.
- stability theory for conservative and dissipative models.
- basic perturbation theory for models with several space-time scales.
- numerical modelling of continuum models.
- be able to use both analytical and numerical solution methods.
|Oral exam||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Mandatory homework sets||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: MAT-3202
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for matematikk og statistikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet