MAT-3202 Nonlinear Waves - 10 ECTS
Spring 2020 If only a few students attend this course spring 2020, it will be given as a reading-coures.
Applicants from Nordic countries: 1 June for the autumn semester and 1 December for the spring semester. Applicants from outside the Nordic countries: 1 October for the spring semester and 15 April for the autumn semester.
After completing the course the students should know basic theory for modeling of linear and non-linear continuum systems, including:
- hyperbolic and dispersive continuum models.
- stability theory for conservative and dissipative models.
- basic perturbation theory for models with several space-time scales.
- numerical modelling of continuum models.
- be able to use both analytical and numerical solution methods.
|Oral exam||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Mandatory homework sets||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: MAT-3202
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for matematikk og statistikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet