ENG-3114 Modernism: Contemporary Narratives of Loss and Transformation - 10 ECTS
Applicants from Nordic countries: 1 June for courses offered in the autumn semester and 1 December for courses offered the spring semester.
Exchange students and Fulbright students: 15 April for courses offered in the autumn semester and 1 October for courses offered in the spring semester.
This course is intended for students in the master's programme in English literature and students in the master's programme in teacher education year 8-13 (lektorutdanning trinn 8-13, studieretning engelsk).
This course may be taken as a single course by students who qualify for admission to the MA programme in English Literature.
Bachelor's degree (180 ECTS), or equivalent qualification, in English literature, or a degree combining English literature and a closely-related discipline (minimum 80 ECTS in English). An average grade equivalent to C or better (in the Norwegian grading system) in the English coursework (80 ECTS) is required.
Application code: 9371 - Enkeltemner på masternivå (Nordic applicants).
Knowledge and understanding: In this in-depth study of Anglophone modernism, emphasis will be given to the historical origins and definition of literary modernism. The course also pays close attention to the diversity and multiformity of modernism expression across a range of selected texts.
Skills to be gained by the end of the course:
- Increased proficiency in writing and speaking English.
- Strengthened ability to explain ideas in a coherent manner with support from close readings of texts.
- Increased competence in interpreting literary texts in historical, cultural, and critical contexts.
- Improved ability to identify and explain elements of style in imaginative writing
|Assignment||07.06.2023 14:00 (Hand in)||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Oral presentation||Approved – not approved|
|Midterm paper||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: ENG-3114
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for språk og kultur
- Spørsmål om emnet
- E-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet