HEL-8030 Applied Linear Regression Analysis - 3 ECTS
PhD students and students at the Student Research Program at UiT The Arctic University of Norway register for class and exam in Studentweb by September 1st for autumn semester and February 1st for spring semester.
Other applicants apply for the right to study by June 1st for courses that are taught in the fall semester and December 1st for courses that are taught in the spring semester. Application is sent through Søknadsweb. Please use the application code "9301 - Singular courses at the PhD level". If granted admission to the course students have to register for class and exam in Studentweb by September 1st for autumn semester and February 1st for spring semester.
Admission requirementsPhD students and students at the Student Research Programme, or holders of a Norwegian master´s degree of five years or 3+ 2 years (or equivalent) may be admitted. External PhD students and students at other Student Research Programmes, must upload a document from their university stating that they are registered students.
Du vil få en reduksjon i antall studiepoeng (som oppgitt under), dersom du avlegger eksamen i dette emnet og har bestått følgende emne(r) fra før av:HEL-8001 Multivariable Linear Regression Analysis and Analysis of Variance Including Repeated Measures Design 1.5 stp
HEL-8027 Regression Analysis 3 stp
PSY-8012 Regression analysis 3 stp
MED-8003 Regression analysis 1 stp
HEL-8047 Statistical models, conclusions and uncertainty for scientific data analysis 1 stp
The course includes correlation as well as simple and multiple linear regression analysis, with application to medical and psychological areas.
In particular, the following topics are being covered:
• Variable selection and model building
• Moderation and mediation - interaction and confounding
• Regression diagnostics
• Transformation of variables
• Nonlinear regression analysis
• Implementation of these techniques in statistical software packages
Objectives of the course
After taking the course, the students should know about:
• The general linear model, its assumptions and applications
• How to build the best model
be able to:
• Identify different types of explanatory variables and correctly implement them in a linear regression model.
• Select the most appropriate model to study the relationship between one or more explanatory variables and one continuous response variable.
• Assess interaction and confounding variables.
• Interpret the results from linear regression models.
• Evaluate whether the assumptions of the regression models are fulfilled.
|Off campus exam||
Utlevering: 03.03.2023 kl. 16:00
Innlevering: 17.03.2023 kl. 12:00
|Passed / Not Passed|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 3
- Course code: HEL-8030
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for samfunnsmedisin
Strømmesen, Janne ElisabetStudiekonsulent
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet