STA-3001 Computer-intensive Statistics - 10 ECTS
The course includes stochastic simulation, bootstrapping, Bayes theory, Laplace methods, the EM algorithm and Bayesian methods like Markov cahin Monte Carlo (MCMC) and Integrated nested Laplace approximations (INLA). After each part the students must work independently with mandatory homework exercises.
The candidate shall:
- obtain a solid knowledge and understanding of stochastic simulation, bootstrapping, Bayes theory, Laplace methods, the EM algorithm, MCMA and INLA techniques.
- be able to apply these concepts to solve theoretical problems.¿
- be able to apply these concepts in independent homework exercises using computers.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
|Oral exam||30 Minutes||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Coursework||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: STA-3001
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for matematikk og statistikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet