TEK-3603 Optimization and Control - 10 ECTS
Course contentIn this course, the candidate will obtain a theoretical foundation of numerical optimization, and learn to apply this in optimization-based multivariable control (model predictive control (MPC)). Optimality conditions like the Karush-Kuhn-Tucker (KKT) conditions and conditions for global and local conditions are discussed, and optimization classes of problems including linear programming (LP), quadratic programming (QP) and nonlinear programming (NP) are studied. Kalman filtering is also presented.
Objectives of the course
- Ability to formulate appropriate engineering problems as amathematical optimization problem.
- Ability to analyze and solve an optimization problem; inparticular linear programs (LP), quadratic problems (QP) andnonlinear programs (NP).
- Ability to analyze and design optimization-based controllers(model predictive controllers (MPC)).
- Ability to design an appropriate Kalman filter for stateestimation.
- Ability to identify multivariable control problems.
- Solve suitable optimization problems using Matlab.
- Use optimization and Kalman filter in controllers.
- Understand relevant definitions and terms.
- Communicate with others in the field. - Conscious attitude towards the use of optimization within engineering.
|Report||3/10||A–E, fail F|
|Oral exam||7/10||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Approved assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: TEK-3603
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for automasjon og prosessteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet