TEK-3604 Multiphysics Simulering - 10 ECTS
- The candidate will learn the basics of Multiphysics simulation and acquire important knowledge about setting up one.
- The candidate will learn certain advanced concepts in relation to the mechanics of materials and fluid mechanics/heat transfer.
- Candidates will understand the term Multiphysics and its relation to practical problems.
- Candidates will build knowledge in discretization techniques used in Multiphysics simulations such as Finite Element Method (FEM), Finite Difference Method (FDM), Finite Volume Method (FVM), etc.
- Candidates will discretize the partial differential equations (PDE) of structures, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer.
- Candidates will apply the correct boundary and initial conditions in solving the Multiphysics simulation problems.
- Candidates will also learn about the use of computational resources in solving Multiphysics simulation problems.
- The candidate will be able to appreciate the importance of Multiphysics simulation for engineering applications.
- The candidate will also build an understanding of the margin of error between real cases to simulated ones.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: TEK-3604
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for automasjon og prosessteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet