BIO-3013 Northern food web ecology - 10 ECTS
- To demonstrate how a food web perspective is useful for describing and analyzing ecological dynamics emerging from the trophic interaction in ecosystems.
- To give the students a basic understanding of how basic mechanism in populations and communities leads to ecological dynamics through training in the use of simple models to understand such dynamics.
- To provide an overview of the structural characteristics of terrestrial food webs and how these vary in time and space in boreal and arctic biomes.
- To give an introduction to some modern empirical methods of studying trophic interactions.
- To learn what are the key processes and functions in northern terrestrial food webs by means of illustrious case studies.
- To train students in reading, presenting and discussing scientific research papers efficiently and critically: student seminars.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the "Admission requirements" section.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
|Oral exam||12.12.2022 08:00
||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Leading a seminar||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: BIO-3013
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for arktisk og marin biologi
- Spørsmål om emnet
- E-post: email@example.com
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet