BIO-3521 Seminar in freshwater ecology - 5 ECTS
Type of course
Master course for biology students - discipline Freswater ecology.
Students participate at seminars over several terms. Students must remember to sign up for teaching all semesters and ONLY sign up for the exam the last (3. or 4.) semester.
The course is not available as a singular course.
Course contentIn the seminars, topics of current interest from the research activity within the Freshwater group are presented (work reports, new results, literature reviews, guest lectures, term papers etc.), and the students present results from their own master theses. In addition, specific literature seminars are arranged, where different relevant ecological subjects are discussed based on selected articles that the students read on beforehand.
Objectives of the course
- Can describe and explain key concepts and objectives in freshwater ecology, in particular in relation to freshwater and anadromous fish in subarctic ecosystems
- Can identify and summarize topical issues in freshwater ecology
- Can critically evaluate, interpret and discuss scientific literature and studies within ecology
- Can present and discuss scientific topics in plenary sessions
- Can formulate and raise pertinent and critical questions about ecology and management of freshwater systems
- Can structure, formulate and present research problems concerning ecology and management of freshwater fish populations and ecosystems
|Oral exam||30 Minutes||Passed / Not Passed|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Attendance at the seminars||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: BIO-3521
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for arktisk og marin biologi
- Spørsmål om emnet
- E-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet