FYS-2008 Measurement techniques - 10 ECTS
Admission requirements are generell studiekompetanse + SIVING.
Local admission, application code 9391 - singular courses in engineering sciences.
Course contentThe course focuses on the physical and technological understanding of measurement systems and techniques. The course covers the general structure of measuring systems including the following basic components contained in most designs: sensor elements, signal conditioning elements and signal processing elements. Besides the general structure and applications of measurement systems, the course includes theory for analyzing properties of static and dynamic setups. Statistical methods relevant for describing uncertainties (bias and fluctuations) in measurement systems are also covered. Exercises focused on design and evaluation of performance will be emphasized.
Objectives of the course
Knowledge - The student can:
- understand the various components of measurement systems
- describe the design and implementation stages of measurement systems
- identify the physical principle behind a range of sensor elements
- explain measurement principles as well as transmission, processing and conversion of data
Skills - The student can:
- analyze and quantify the performance of measurement systems
- derive the main equations describing static and dynamic behavior and response of measurement systems
- understand the concept of sensor elements
- use various sensors in the laboratory
- design computer programs to do measurements and control instruments
General expertise - The student can:
- understanding the physical principles of sensors and measurement systems
- understand technological applications of measurement systems and the implementation of these
Information to incoming exchange students
This course has academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
|School exam||14.12.2022 09:00||4 Hours||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: FYS-2008
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for fysikk og teknologi
Frank MelandsøProfessor / Ultralyd, mikrobølger og optikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet