GEO-3151 Geo-seminar in energy and environment - 10 ECTS
The student has
- an understanding of the relationship between energy (sources, production, transport and consumption) and the environment with particular focus on the global urgency regarding carbon and climate change.
- a basic understanding of a number of technologies for mitigating climate change and its challenges.
- an understanding of the principles of carbon capture and storage.
- an understanding of past and present geological processes that remobilize carbon and have the potential to drive climate change.
The student can
- identify and describe present energy use, trends, and impacts.
- evaluate present and future technological challenges and changes.
- use literature, evidence and critical thinking to make informed decisions regarding energy use and complex environmental challenges.
The student can
- be thoughtful, engaged, informed and articulate in professional and personal arenas regarding energy and environmental issues.
- carry out the most important elements of geological research projects: penetrating literature, analyzing data, and communicating results written and orally to fellow students/scientists.
- work independent and in a team.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this course? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty:
Error rendering component
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: GEO-3151
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for geovitenskap
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet