INF-2710 Mobile health (mHealth) systems and applications - 10 ECTS
Course contentThis course covers principles of mHealth (mobile health) systems and applications. The course addresses classic principles for design and implementation of mHealth systems and applications and discusses emerging mHealth trends. Particularly, the following topics will be addressed: design principles and implementation of mHealth systems and applications, mobile health monitoring for different patients- and population groups, motivational and persuasive techniques and mechanisms for improved compliance with mHealth systems and applications, self-management systems in mHealt, and evaluation methods and criteria for mHealth systems and applications.
Objectives of the course
Knowledge - The student has:
- knowledge of state-of-the-art literature on mHealth systems and applications.
- knowledge of design and implementation principles of modern mHealth systems and applications.
- hands on experience with design and implementation of mHealth systems and applications.
- knowledge of how mHealth systems and applications can be contribute to patient treatment and health management.
Skills - The student:
- can master discussions of different mHealth systems and applications.
- has skills in prototyping of mHealth systems and applications including its architecture, design, and implementation.
- can evaluate the behaviour of the developed mHealth prototype(s).
- has skills in presenting mHealth system(s) and application(s).
- can identify challenges in mHealth.
- can engage in in-depth discussions around how mHealth systems and applications can contribute to better health care.
General competence - The student:
- has competence to read literature related to mHealth, and carefully extract information from it and present it coherently in public.
- has competence in selecting adequate approach to design and implement mHealth and mobile systems and applications.
- has competence in asking relevant questions about mHealth and mobile systems and applications.
- can conduct presentations of mHealth and mobile systems.
- can take part in discussions of mHealth systems and applications.
Information to incoming exchange students
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has recommended academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
Recommended reading/syllabusPensumliste for INF-2710 Mobile health (mHealth) systems and applications
|School exam||12.12.2022 09:00||4 Hours||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Group and individual assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2710
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet