REI-1009 Communication Skills - 10 ECTS
Nordic applicants: Generell studiekompetanse. Admission procedures for foreign applicants, please read: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=351800
Admission code: 9199
The purpose of this course is to help you develop your communication skills. The course is designed to increase your understanding of principles and processes of communicating effectively in a professional setting, specifically as relevant to the tourism industry.
The course will facilitate critical thinking and understanding of the nuances of communication processes as part of society. Based on knowledge from the fields of communication, rhetoric, psychology and performing arts and music, you will learn to develop and deliver formal presentations. You will become more conscious and flexible when it comes to your personal, as well as others', communication.
- has a general overview of different theoretical communication perspectives.
- has presentation relevant knowledge of psychology, audience analysis, rhetoric, text analysis and elocution.
The candidate is able to
- Plan, structure, prepare and improve presentations.
- Adjust communication to different target audiences and desired outcomes.
- Apply different mental and physical techniques and tools in preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Provide constructive criticism and feedback on others' communication.
- Understands different communication perspectives, and is conscious of own, as well as others' communication.
- Is able to be a critical consumer of public communication, and contribute to informed decision making.
- Can explain the role of communication for culture and society.
The course is taught in the Fall semester.
This course is taught in weekly lectures and seminars.
Topics will be addressed through:
- Class discussions
- Practical exercises
- Oral presentations, individual and in team
- Delivery and evaluation of individual or team presentation
- Journal reflections
All courses will be evaluated in accordance with the UiT quality system.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has academic prerequisites. Please see the "prerequisite" section for more information
Do you have questions about this course? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
|Off campus exam||30.11.2022 14:00||40/100||A–E, fail F|
|Oral exam||60/100||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Written assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
|Oral presentations||Approved/ Not approved|
|Mandatory attendance||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Alta |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: REI-1009
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for reiseliv og nordlige studier
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet