STA-3002 Multivariable Statistical Analysis - 10 ECTS
Course contentThe course builds on STA-2002 Theoretical Statistics and gives a thorough introduction to the multivariate normal distribution, as well as estimation of its parameters and related inference. This includes simultaneous inference for mean vectors, testing of general linear hypotheses and multiple linear regression analysis. Further, the course covers topics like principal component analysis, factor analysis and classification methods.
Objectives of the course
The student shall
- obtain a thorough introduction to the multivariate normal distribution, as well as estimation of its parameters.
- obtain solid understanding of various areas in multivariable statistical analysis, such as the classification problem, testing of general linear hypotheses, principal component analysis, factor analysis and various regression techniques.
- be able to use these concepts to solve specific problems.
Information to incoming exchange students
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this course? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
|Oral exam||30 Minutes||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Coursework||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: STA-3002
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for matematikk og statistikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet