TEK-3002 Risk and Reliability Engineering - 10 ECTS
The course content is organised in 4 modules:
Module 1: Introduction to Reliability Engineering and Life Data Analysis. This module discusses basic definitions and concepts of reliability, statistical theory related to reliability, the most commonly used distributions for product life, product life data classification, parameter estimation methods, confidence bounds determination, and goodness-fit-test methods for life data distribution.
Module 2: Introduction to System Reliability. This module discusses the fundamentals of system reliability, fundamentals of reliability block diagrams (RBDs), system reliability determination, system reliability optimization, and simulation on system reliability using Monte Carlo method.
Module 3: Introduction to reliability testing and design out of uncertainty. This modules discusses acceleration life test, the typical failures in mechanical & electronic system, design out of uncertainty for typical engineering system, and maintainability & availability calculation.
Module 4: Introduction to risk assessment and management. This modules discusses the concept of risk and vulnerability, theories and methods of risk analysis, hazard identification by using empirical data, risk evaluation, etc., and he decision process, economic loss evaluation, cost / benefit analysis, ALARP.
- understand the basic concepts of system’s risk and reliability
- understand basic techniques and tools in analysis of failure data to find the best-fit distribution
- has knowledge to analyse the uncertainty reverent to failure of technical systems.
- able to apply concepts and theories of risk and reliability engineering to complex technical systems.
- able to quantitatively analyse failure data for technical system.
- able to analyse and optimize system reliability.
- able to analyse accelerated life data and access uncertainty in a technical system.
- has deep insight into relevant professional and ethical issues
- has deep understanding of risk and reliability issues.
- can conduct risk and reliability analysis for engineering systems.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: TEK-3002
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for teknologi og sikkerhet
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet