TEK-3602 Thermography and Spectroscopy - 10 ECTS
The course is divided into two main parts:
- Thermography - In this part, student will learn to obtain and interpret the data from thermography using infrared thermal imaging devices and associated software.
- Spectroscopy - In this part, student will learn the basic theory behind spectroscopy and typical measurement techniques in both laboratory and field environments.
In both, students learn to appreciate the applications of electromagnetic waves in infrared, visual and ultraviolet bands of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Objectives of the course
- Knows the basics of thermography & spectroscopy and has acquired important knowledge to use advanced laboratory equipment.
- Knows certain advance concepts in relation to thermography and spectroscopy.
- Understands the term thermography and spectroscopy and its relation to practical problems.
- Has built knowledge in calibration, tuning, and imaging techniques of advanced experimental equipment including state-of-the-art infrared thermographic camera and highly sensitive spectroscope.
- Has built knowledge in understanding the application of electromagnetics waves in infrared, visual and ultraviolet bands of the spectrum.
- Is able to appreciate the importance of thermography and spectroscopy towards engineering applications.
- Has built understanding of margin of error in the use of advanced experimental equipment such as thermographic camera and highly sensitive spectroscope.
Information to incoming exchange students
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
There are no restrictions on the number of inbound students on exchange.
Error rendering component
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: TEK-3602
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for automasjon og prosessteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet