INF-2310 Computer Security - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The candidate has knowledge of
- general principles, goals, and abstractions for cybersecurity (e.g., confidentiality, availability, integrity, assurance, anonymity, authenticity);
- concepts of risk, threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors;
- basic cryptography and cipher types;
- basic authentication and key exchange protocols, including Diffie-Hellman;
- the access control matrix;
- public-key infrastructures, digital signatures, and certificates;
- web authentication protocols; and
Skills - The candidate can
- analyze software artifacts in terms of confidentiality, integrity, and availability;
- use cryptographic tools to send and receive messages over the Internet;
- use digital signatures;
- authenticate remote principals in web servers; and
- identify and avoid common security vulnerabilities.
General competence - The candidate can
- analyze and document computer systems and protocols;
- participate actively in professional discussions (oral or written);
- develop robust and secure software systems; and
- apply security-by-design principles.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has recommended academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
A 4 hours final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grade scale: Letter grades A-E, F - fail.
The coursework includes up to 4 written assignment, individually graded approved / not approved.
Re-sit examination: Given early in teaching free semester, if the course is compulsory in the study plan. It will be arranged a 4-hour written exam counting 100%.
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4-hour written exam counting 100%.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2310
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet