INF-3701 Advanced database systems - 10 ECTS
If you pass the examination in this course, you will get an reduction in credits (as stated below), if you previously have passed the following courses:INF-8701 Advanced database systems 10 stp
INF-3701 Advanced database systems 4 stp
D-312 Distributed and cooperating database systems 4 stp
INF-8701 Advanced database systems 4 stp
Knowledge: The student has knowledge of
- advanced database system topics.
- properties of advanced database systems.
- advantages and limitations of existing data management solutions.
- relationships between data management solutions and their use in application areas.
Skills: The student has ability to
- identify and evaluate properties of advanced database systems and data management solutions.
- compare different data management solutions.
- combine data management solutions with application areas.
- identify and focus on a scientific problem.
- identify and evaluate solutions for scientific problems.
- identify contributions in scientific literature.
General competence: The student has competence to
- find, read and evaluate scientific literature.
- convey technical knowledge to an audience through writing, presentation and discussions.
- identify and analyze scientific challenges.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
A 4 hour final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Course requirements: The coursework includes up to 3 written assignments graded "Approved" / "Not approved".
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam).
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%.
For further details see:
- Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for studies and examinations at the UiT
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-3701
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet