MAT-2200 Differential Equations - 10 ECTS
Applicants from Nordic countries: Generell studiekompetanse og følgende spesielle opptakskrav:
Matematikk R1 + R2 og i tillegg enten:
- Fysikk 1 + 2 eller
- Kjemi 1+ 2 eller
- Biologi 1 + 2 eller
- Informasjonsteknologi 1 + 2 eller
- Geofag 1 + 2 eller
- Teknologi og forskningslære 1 + 2
International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English. A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education website - nokut.no
Recommended prerequsites is MAT-1003 Calkulus 3 and MAT-1004 Linear algebra or equal.
Application code is 9336.
- Solve first order linear and certain types of non-linear differential equations.
- Classify stability of equilibrium for first order differential equations with parameters.
- Know existence/uniqueness theorem for initial value problem of differential equations.
- Know the concept of linearly independent solutions and particular solutions of n-th order linear differential equations and be able to superpose solutions.
- Solve linear differential equations with power series around ordinary points.
- Classify linar and almost linear autonomous systems of differential equations with stability of equilibrium.
- Solve systems of linear differential equations with constant coeffisients.
- Make face portraits and direction fields for autonomous systems in dimenstion 2.
- Know basic theory for Fourier series and use this to solve differential equations..
- Use the method of separtation of variables on simple partial diferential equations with boundary and initial value conditions that lead to development of Fourier series.
- Use Sturm-Liouville eigenvalue theory on standard problems from separation of variables.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
Written final exam of 4 hours duration, counting 100 %.
Assessment scale: Letter grades A-F.
Re-sit examination: Students having failed the last ordinary examination are offered a re-sit examination early in the following semester.
Postponed examination: Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination early in the following semester.
For further details see: - Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian) - Regulations for examinations at the University of Tromsø
Coursework requirements A passing grade is required on the mandatory homework sets for permission to take the exam.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: MAT-2200
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for matematikk og statistikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet