FYS-2006 Signal processing - 10 ECTS
Admission requirements are generell studiekompetanse + SIVING.
Local admission, application code 9391 - singular courses in engineering sciences. The course is also available to exchange students and Fulbright students.
Knowledge - The student can
- define the role of sinusoids in signals, e.g. for synthesizing music
- describe the process of sampling and discretization of signals
- define properties of different systems for processing signals
- explain the complementary properties of time and frequency analysis
- understand the Fourier transform of signals and its use
Skills - The student can
- determine the correct sampling frequency for signal discretization
- implement signal processing solutions in Python - process discrete signals using FIR and IIR systems
- design filters for noise removal
- analyze and design processing systems both in terms of time and frequency
- use the Fourier-transform of a signal for frequency analysis and processing
General competence - The student can
- appreciate the importance of signal processing in a society with signals everywhere
- work with signal processing for data analysis
- program scripts and functions in Python
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
- A home examination, counting 25%
- A 4 hours written examination, counting 75%.
Assessment scale: Letter grades A-F. A is the highest grade and F is failed.
A re-sit examination will not be arranged in this course.
For further information, see chapter 5 in Regulations for studies and examinations at the UiT The arctic university of Norway.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: FYS-2006
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for fysikk og teknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet