INF-3770 Computer Science in Health Technology - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student has
- thorough understanding of medical computer science and medical informatics, both as a scientific discipline and a pragmatic set of tools and techniques,
- good understanding of about methods for use of medical data,
- deep knowledge about heuristics and statistical decision making in medicine,
- good knowledge about computer architectures for health care and biomedicine,
- comprehensive understanding of standards in medical informatics and the process of software engineering for health care and biomedicine,
- extensive knowledge about biomedical imaging informatics and the importance of medical imaging in medicine,
- good knowledge about evaluation of biomedicine and health information resources; and
- understanding of the need for ethics in biomedical and health informatics.
Skills - The student can
- identify the core topics of medical computer science and medical informatics.
- analyze the state of the science and current research issues related to the foundation of medical computer science and medical informatics,
- characterize different domains of medical computer science and medical informatics such as decision support systems, medical imaging and laboratory systems; and
- evaluate a given medical information system based on different criteria such as security, embedded decision support systems and classification systems.
General competence - The student can
- apply the knowledge of medical computer science and medical informatics in management of clinical ICT systems,
- evaluate possibilities and limitations of clinical ICT systems,
- understand the main medical problems health care workers are facing in their daily work and how these can be supported by the use of medical computer science and medical informatics applications; and
- understand basic terminologies within technology in medicine and are able to evaluate clinical ICT challenges from both basic medical and technology viewpoint.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
A 4 hours final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-E, F - Fail.
Course requirements: Up to 4 mandatory exercises / laboratory reports. Presentations and mandatory exercises / laboratory reports are graded Approved / Not approved.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit exam in the teaching free semester for this course, unless a postponed exam already is arranged (conditional re-sit exam). To get access to the exam in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in the following semester. It will be arranged a 4 hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed examination the student must have passed the course requirements.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-3770
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet