INF-2310 Computer Security - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The candidate has knowledge of
- general principles, goals, and abstractions for cybersecurity (e.g., confidentiality, availability, integrity, assurance, anonymity, authenticity);
- concepts of risk, threats, vulnerabilities, and attack vectors;
- basic cryptography and cipher types;
- basic authentication and key exchange protocols, including Diffie-Hellman;
- the access control matrix;
- public-key infrastructures, digital signatures, and certificates;
- web authentication protocols; and
Skills - The candidate can
- analyze software artifacts in terms of confidentiality, integrity, and availability;
- use cryptographic tools to send and receive messages over the Internet;
- use digital signatures;
- authenticate remote principals in web servers; and
- identify and avoid common security vulnerabilities.
General competence - The candidate can
- analyze and document computer systems and protocols;
- participate actively in professional discussions (oral or written);
- develop robust and secure software systems; and
- apply security-by-design principles.
A 4 hours final written exam counting 100%. Approved assignments give access to the final written exam.
Grade scale: Letter grades A-E, F - fail.
The coursework includes up to 4 written assignment, individually graded approved / not approved. Oral presentation of the assignments and demonstrations of a working system can in special cases be claimed by the course responsible.
Re-sit examination: Given early in teaching free semester, if the course is compulsory in the study plan. It will be arranged a 4-hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the re-sit examination in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
Postponed examination: Given early in teaching free semester. It will be arranged a 4-hour written exam counting 100%. To get access to the postponed examination in the teaching free semester the student must have passed the course requirements.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2310
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk