The course will describe the design, operation, and control of electrical energy converters. Electric transportation, renewable energy and energy storage will be used as application of power converters throughout the course. The emphasis is on control algorithms and dynamic operating characteristics.A design project will be completed in groups. Laboratory and experiments is a central and integrated part of the course, including the project work.
After passing this course, the student shall have the following learning outcome:
Courswork / Course requirements
- Completed the required HSL courses within laboratory work and safety is required be approved before gaining access to the laboratory.
- 1 (out of 1) mandatory digital test in measurement techniques and correct use of laboratory equipment.
- 1 (out of 1) course evaluation form submitted
- 4 (out of 4) approved laboratory exercises.
- 1 written project report submitted for review
- 1 approved peer review of another groups’ project report
Examination and assessment
The assessment is based on :
Both parts needs to be passed individually to pass the course.
Grading is scaled from A (highest) to F (lowest), with E as the minimum pass grade.
Re-sit oral exam will be arranged if any candidate received grade F in the previous ordinary exam. No re-submission of the project report is offered.