FYS-2006 Signal processing - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The student can
- define the role of sinusoids in signals, e.g. for synthesizing music
- describe the process of sampling and discretization of signals
- define properties of different systems for processing signals
- explain the complementary properties of time and frequency analysis
- understand the Fourier transform of signals and its use
Skills - The student can
- determine the correct sampling frequency for signal discretization
- implement signal processing solutions in Matlab - process discrete signals using FIR and IIR systems
- design filters for noise removal
- analyze and design processing systems both in terms of time and frequency
- use the Fourier-transform of a signal for frequency analysis and processing
General expertise - The student can
- appreciate the importance of signal processing in a society with signals everywhere
- work with signal processing for data analysis
- program scripts and functions in Matlab
Portfolio assessment of a take-home examination counting about 25 % and a final 4 hour written examination counting about 75 %. All components in the portfolio must be delivered and one combined grade is given.
Assessment scale: Letter grades A-F. A is the highest grade and F is failed.
Re-sit examination (section 22): Students having failed the last ordinary examination are offered a re-sit examination early in the following semester, if the course is compulsory in their study programme, otherwise given that an examination is already being arranged. 4 hour written examination counting 100 %.
Postponed examination (sections 17 and 21): Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination. Postponed take-home examination is arranged during the semester if possible, otherwise early in the following semester. Postponed written examination is held early in the following semester.
See indicated sections in Regulations for examinations at the UiT The arctic university of Norway for more information.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: FYS-2006
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for fysikk og teknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet