På grunn av koronasituasjonen kan det bli endringer i undervisning og eksamen høsten 2020. Informasjon om eventuelle endringer, kunngjøres direkte til studenter som er oppmeldt i emnet.
MAT-3200 Mathematical Methods - 10 ECTS
After the course the students are supposed to know
- Simple models leading to central partial differential equations
- First order partial differential equations
- Classification and solution methods for second order partial differential equations
- Separation of variables and generalized Fourier series
- integral transforms
- Green¿s functions and og distributions
- Finite difference methods for partial differential equations
After the course the students are expected to be able to apply both traditional analytic solutions methods and numerical methods to solve partial differential equations.