INF-2900 Software engineering - 10 stp
Knowledge; students would have
- broad knowledge on the various aspects of the software life cycle,
- in-depth understanding of the agile software development process.
- Student have gained first-hand experience on the various practices in an agile development, including requirement gathering and specification, project estimation and planning, collaboration and project management, software design, implementation, debugging, testing and maintenance, software demo, documentation, user feedback, group retrospectives, and so on.
- Students have first-hand experience in some specific software development methods, including test-driven development, code refactoring, and so on.
- Students become proficient in using some specific software development tools, including source code management, test automation and so on.
- By working on large projects, students should become more competent in team work and problem solving.
Portfolio assessment. Exam includes a project work during the semester. Group and individual assessments are equally weighted. The examination involves both written and oral components. All components in the portfolio are assessed as a whole and one combined grade will be given.
Course requirements: The coursework includes participation on a larger project throughout the semester.
Grading scale: Letter grades A-F.
Re-sit examination: It will not be given a re-sit examination in in this course.
Postponed examination: Students with valid grounds for absence will be offered a postponed examination for the module in question. If practically possible the examination are arranged during the semester as soon as the reasons for absence have ceased.
For further details see: - Utfyllende bestemmelser for eksamener ved Fakultet for naturvitenskap og teknologi (only in Norwegian) - Regulations for examinations at the UiT