HEL-8030 Applied Linear Regression Analysis - 3 ECTS
If you pass the examination in this course, you will get an reduction in credits (as stated below), if you previously have passed the following courses:HEL-8001 Multivariable Linear Regression Analysis and Analysis of Variance Including Repeated Measures Design 1.5 ects
HEL-8027 Regression Analysis 3 ects
PSY-8012 Regression analysis 3 ects
MED-8003 Regression analysis 1 ects
HEL-8047 Statistical models, conclusions and uncertainty for scientific data analysis 1 ects
The course includes correlation as well as simple and multiple linear regression analysis, with application to medical and psychological areas.
In particular, the following topics are being covered:
• Variable selection and model building
• Moderation and mediation - interaction and confounding
• Regression diagnostics
• Transformation of variables
• Nonlinear regression analysis
• Implementation of these techniques in statistical software packages
After taking the course, the students should know about:
• The general linear model, its assumptions and applications
• How to build the best model
be able to:
• Identify different types of explanatory variables and correctly implement them in a linear regression model.
• Select the most appropriate model to study the relationship between one or more explanatory variables and one continuous response variable.
• Assess interaction and confounding variables.
• Interpret the results from linear regression models.
• Evaluate whether the assumptions of the regression models are fulfilled.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 3
- Course code: HEL-8030
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for samfunnsmedisin
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet