FAR-8312 Advanced practical analytical chemistry 2 - 5 ECTS
PhD students or holders of a Norwegian master´s degree of five years or 3+ 2 years in pharmacy or molecular sciences (or equivalent, such as chemistry, biochemistry or biotechnology) may be admitted. Valid documentation is a statement from your institution that you are a registered PhD student, or a Master´s Diploma with Diploma Supplement / English translation of the diploma.
NB: The course FAR-8311 (or an equivalent course from another university) must be passed before the student can start and complete FAR-8312. These courses are given in succession in the same semester.
The course gives a deeper understanding of the use of the following techniques and instruments through practical laboratory work:
- Sample preparation for analytical chemistry.
- HPLC and UPLC.
- Mass spectrometry with focus on triple quadrupole and orbitrap instruments.
- Development of target and untarget mass spectrometric methods.
- Statistical interpretation of analytical data, including software for identification and quantification.
- shall be in the forefront of practical use of different chromatographic methods
- shall be in the forefront of practical use of different mass spectrometers
- shall be able to contribute to the development of new knowledge within the use of sample preparation and analytical methods.
- can plan and perform complex analytical methods for pharmaceutical analysis independently.
- can plan and perform simple metabolomics and proteomics experiments independently.
- can present research and development through renowned national and international channels, including both oral and written presentation of research data.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: FAR-8312
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for farmasi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet