INF-3203 Advanced Distributed Systems - 10 ECTS
- Knowledge of the classic and contemporary state of the art literature on distributed systems.
- Knowledge of design and implementation principles in modern distributed systems.
- The best way to understand the systems described in the literature is by practice, and so an important part of the course is a substantial distributed system design and implementation project.
- Skills in participating in a technical discussion of advanced scientific papers
- Skills in systems-level programming. How to build a working prototype of a non-trivial distributed system including its architecture, design, and implementation.
- Skills in the languages, frameworks, and tools used to build a prototype distributed system
- Designing and performing performance measurements on distributed code
- Analyze the behavior of the developed prototype(s)
- Skills in presenting a system, giving a demonstration of it, and identify lessons learned.
- Identify research problems and challenges in distributed systems
- List the state-of-art tools and techniques for addressing research problems and challenges in distributed systems
- Competence to read scientific literature, and carefully extract information from it and present it coherently in public.
- Competence in selecting a suitable set of programming languages, frameworks, and tools for a given problem domain.
- Competence in asking relevant questions about computer based systems
- Conduct technical reviews, technical writing, and technical presentations
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements, including prerequisites. Please see the Admission requirements" and the "Prerequisite" sections for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
|A–E, fail F
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Written programming assignments
|Approved – not approved
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-3203
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet