SPL-3901 Master's Thesis in Nordic Urban Planning Studies - 30 ECTS
The students have the following learning outcomes:
The student has:
- Research-based knowledge in selected academic areas, and an understanding of and reflection on the position of the student’s own thesis study in the academic field.
- Identification of scientific issues and a critical approach to scientific knowledge.
- Knowledge of the academic genre and the academic target group, and an understanding of the overall communication situation of which the thesis is a part.
The student is able to / can:
- Skills in applying and mastering scientific theories and methods in work on a defined, academic and relevant issue.
- Skills in analysing, categorising, discussing, arguing, reflecting and evaluating on a scientific basis.
- Skills in critically evaluating and selecting sources, literature, theory and methods.
- Skills in discussing and participating in academic debate with representatives of the academic discourse community.
- Skills in writing in accordance with the applicable standards for academic texts, and for an academic target group.
- The competency to independently initiate, manage and complete a long-term process of academic study and writing.
- Competency to take responsibility for one’s own academic and linguistic development and specialisation.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 30
- Course code: SPL-3901
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for samfunnsvitenskap
- Spørsmål om emnet
- E-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet