INF-2200 Computer architecture and organization - 10 ECTS
Knowledge - The students has knowledge about:
- the structure and construction of modern computers, including instruction set architecture, processor design, memory hierarchy, storage and other I/O types, and multi-core processors.
- methods and tools for evaluating computer architecture components, including performance and various design choices for building components.
- how computer architecture interacts with machine programming and operational systems.
Skills - The students has skills in:
- low-level (assembly) programming for MIPS and x86/x86-64 instruction set
- implementation of simulators for MIPS processor simulation
- evaluation of memory hierarchy parameters
- discussion and description of computer architecture and organization
General competence - The student has general competency in:
- in-depth understanding of technological developments that affect the design and implementation of computer architectures
- knowledge for the choice and design of computer architecture based on the requirements of different systems and applications
- knowledge of computer architecture behavior and impact on machine programming and low-level system development
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course has recommended academic prerequisites. Please see the «Prerequisite» section for more information.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
|School exam||02.12.2022 09:00
||4 Hours||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Written assignments||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: INF-2200
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for informatikk
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet