BIO-8516 Arctic Frontiers PhD Student Workshop I - 4 ECTS
PhD students at UiT register for the course through StudentWeb. The registration for spring semester starts in the middle of December.
External applicants apply for admission through SøknadsWeb. Application code 9303.
Contact Ingjerd Gauslaa Nilsen at the BFE-faculty if you have troubles or questions regarding registration to the course.
The course can be taken twice during the PhD study, but will have to be registered as BIO-8517 the second time. Prior to registering for this course, potential participants need to submit an abstract for a poster or oral presentation to the Arctic Frontiers conference and apply for the workshop. After receiving a confirmation of acceptance to the conference and workshop they can formally apply to be taken up for the course at the university. For questions regarding the workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For some impressions from previous workshops, you can visit the Young Scientist Forum blog.
Students who have successfully completed this course should have achieved the following learning outcomes. They should:
- be familiar with the newest research topics in the fields covered by the conference
- have knowledge of the funding application process
- be able to write a competitive, high quality research proposal
- be able to work in an interdisciplinary, international group on a common goal they were not familiar with before
- become familiar with other aspects of their science (culture, history) and their role as scientists in society