HEL-8003 Mixed Models - 2 ECTS
PhD students, master students at a Medical Student Research Program, or holders of a Norwegian master´s degree of five years or 3+ 2 years (or equivalent) may be admitted. Valid documentation is a statement from your institution that you are a registered PhD student or master student at a Medical Student Research Program, or a Master´s Diploma with Diploma Supplement / English translation of the diploma. PhD students are exempt from semester fee.
For more information regarding PhD courses at the Faculty of Health Sciences go to: http://uit.no/helsefak/forskning/phd/emner
During the course the following topics are discussed:
- Basic principles of mixed model analysis
- Background of mixed model analysis
- Example of a mixed model analysis with a two level structure
- Example of a mixed model analysis with a three level structure
- Mixed model analysis with dichotomous outcome variables
- The use of mixed model analysis in longitudinal studies
- Generalised estimating equations
- Alternative models for longitudinal data analysis
- Sample size calculations
- Missing data
- Software for mixed models.
PhD students at UiT
PhD students and students at the Medical Student Research Program at UiT register for the course through StudentWeb
Registration for the autumn semester starts June 15th
External applicants apply through SøknadsWeb
Choose the code 9303 and write the course code (HEL-8003) in the remark field. You'll find a manual for SøknadsWeb here.
Remember to upload documentation of your education, or documentation of your status as a PhD student / student at a medical student research programme.
For questions regarding application: email@example.com
Lectures will be held from October 31st to November 3rd