SVF-3115 Contemporary themes in social anthropology - 10 ECTS
Students who successfully complete this course should have achieved the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge - the candidate:
- knows central issues and perspectives in contemporary anthropology.
- is able to discuss how theory and methodology is related to one another in specific anthropological projects.
- knows the basic conventions of veracity in ethnographic research, including correct use of sources.
Skills - the candidate:
- is able to think critically and construct an academic argument
- is able to distinguish between empirical material and analytic conceptualizations
- is able to apply anthropological theoretical and methodological approaches to specific situations and cases
General competence - the candidate:
- is able to make use of anthropological methods and perspectives in the analysis of our contemporary world.
- is able to give an independent account of different theoretical approaches in contemporary anthropology
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: SVF-3115
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for samfunnsvitenskap
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet