RUS-3010 Language and Literature of Medieval Russia - 10 ECTS
Type of courseThis course is intended for students in the Master`s Degree Programme in Russian Language and Literature, the Master`s Degree Programme in Russian Studies and the Master`s Degree Programme in Language and Social Studies with integrated practical-educational training. This course may be taken as a single course by students who meet the admission requirements for the Master`s Degree Programme in Russian Language and Literature.
A bachelor's degree (180 ECTS), or equivalent qualification, in Russian or Russian Studies (with specialization in Russian) with a minimum of 80 ECTS in the Russian coursework. An average grade for the bachelor degree equivalent to C or better is required. For more information, please contact the Student Advisor.
Application Code: 9371 (Nordic applicants)
Course contentThe course gives an introduction to and an overview of Russian language history and dialectology. Students are given a short introduction to old Russian literature and read some important writings from this period. The writings will partly be read in translations and partly in old Russian.
Objectives of the course
After completing the course you will have acquired the following knowledge and abilities:
- knowledge about the historical explanation for many phenomena in modern Russian
- understanding of the origin and development of the Russian language
- insight into Russian dialects
- an overview of Medieval Russian literature and culture
- read and analyze texts in Old Russian
- recognize and analyze Russian dialects
- write research papers and present them to fellow students
|School exam||3 Hours||A–E, fail F|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Obligatory assignments||Approved/ Not approved|
|Exercises||Approved/ Not approved|
More info about the coursework requirements
- the student must have submitted two short obligatory assignments (term papers). Both papers must have been submitted by the given deadline and must be approved.
- In addition, the student must submit at least 70% of the exercises on Canvas. At least 70% of the questions in each exercise must be answered correctly.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: RUS-3010
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for språk og kultur
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet