PSY-1706 Work and Organisational Psychology - 5 ECTS
The course will mainly focus on how psychological knowledge can be applied within organizations and management. Central themes will be stress at work, individual and organizational intervention addressing work-related well-being, emotions at work, leadership and teams, and facets of work performance. These areas are relevant to analyzing, understanding, and improving employees' work situations and organizational outcomes.
The subject is central for students who want to work in the field of work and organizational psychology. The course also provides essential learning outcomes for clinical psychologists as work is an important domain in the lives of their clients.
After completion of the course, the student should be able to acquire the following:
- Appreciate the most central topics and theories in work and organizational psychology.
- Comprehend the principles of management, power, and decision-making.
- Understand models of team cooperation and interaction.
- Conduct job and risk analysis
- Critical analysis and application of scientific evidence
- Conduct and analyze a semi-structured interview
- Develop a job intervention to implement change work in teams and organizations •Reflect critically and develop systematic and innovative approaches to improve the status quo
- Professional written communication
- Analyze and critically apply various sources of evidence and use these to assist and design professional decision-making and interventions
|Off campus exam||07.03.2024 14:00 (Hand in)||Passed / Not Passed|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Sufficient attendance at classes||Approved – not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: PSY-1706
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for psykologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet