PSY-1705 Social Psychology - 10 ECTS
After the course the student should be able to:
- Explain individuals' thought, feeling, and behavior as the result of social factors such as group membership and social norms;
- Explain the roles of conscious and unconscious thought processes in social perception and behavior;
- Explain how various methods such as for example persuasive communication can be used to change individuals' and groups' thought and behavior.
- Identify and apply appropriate social psychological theories and methods for the measurement of attitudes and beliefs at the group level;
- Identify and apply appropriate social psychological theories and methods for prevention and intervention at the group level.
- Develop a simple social psychological intervention or campaign, completely from the initial problem description to the subsequent evaluation of the intervention's effectiveness.
This course is available for inbound exchange students. There are no academic prerequisites to add this module in your Learning Agreement.
Do you have questions about this course? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 10
- Course code: PSY-1705
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for psykologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet