LAR-3082 Perspectives on nature and landscape practices - 6 ECTS
The course provides insights into the relationship between perspectives on nature and different landscape practices. The course focuses on how different perceptions of nature leave their mark on the landscape. This focus applies both to how different perspectives on nature have shaped the development of landscapes over time, and how they unfold in contemporary discussions about land use and major landscape interventions.
The Sámi perspective on nature and associated landscape practices will be included as a central theme in relation to the understanding of the cultural landscape in the Arctic/subarctic. The course forms a foundation for students to develop a reflective relationship to different perspectives on nature and use this both in the understanding of relevant issues and in reflection over their own landscape architectural practice.
After passing the course, students will have the following learning outcomes:
- Specific knowledge of perspectives on nature in the Arctic/subarctic, including Sámi perspectives and associated landscape practices.
- General knowledge about different perspectives on nature and their influence on the landscape currently and historically.
- Understanding of the relationship between perspectives on nature and different landscape practices.
- The ability to critically reflect upon specific landscape practices and uses which represent different perspectives of nature.
- The ability to identify arguments and points of view in discussions around land use and major landscape interventions that represent different perspectives of nature.
- The ability to describe and discuss landscape architectural issues from a position which considers the perspectives on nature.
- The ability to independently apply theoretical knowledge about perspectives on nature in the analysis of landscapes and more extensive landscape interventions.
- The ability to orient oneself in complex issues relating to landscape architecture and identify central aspects connected to perspectives on nature.
- The ability to reflect upon one’s own perspectives on nature.
This course is available for inbound exchange students.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements.
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: INBOUND STUDENT MOBILITY: COURSE COORDINATORS AT THE FACULTIES | UiT
|Off campus exam||15.04.2024 09:00 (Hand out)
19.04.2024 14:00 (Hand in)
|Passed / Not Passed|
To take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Reflective notes||Approved – not approved|
|Text presentation||Approved – not approved|
The following work requirements must be met before the exam can take place:
Documentation that all assignments set as a part of the course has been completed/handed in. The person with course responsibility will determine the documentation requirements for each specific assignment.
- About the course
- Campus: Tromsø |
- ECTS: 6
- Course code: LAR-3082
- Responsible unit
- Norges arktiske universitetsmuseum og akademi for kunstfag
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet