ELE-3612 Instrumentation and Measuring Systems - 5 ECTS
Description of Measurement and Instrumentation tasks in Electrical Power Conversion systems.
Mathematical modelling of static and dynamic operation of electronic measurement system elements.
Static and dynamic errors and accuracy in measurement systems.
Design with operation amplifiers. Analog filters.
Analog to digital and digital to analog conversion.
Sensors and transducer for light, flux, voltage, current, temperature, force, speed, position and acceleration measurements.
Objectives of the course
After finishing the course, the candidate has built knowledge on:
- Fundamental principles of electronic measurement and signal condition in Electric Energy Conversion systems
- Physical principles and characteristics of sensing elements
- Signal and Noise in Measurement systems
- Filter operation and tuning
After having followed the course, the candidate shall be able to:
- Build Mathematical Models describing the behavior of instrumentation systems and their sub system components.
- Specify, select components and design signal processing elements for electronic measurement in Electric Energy Conversion systems.
- Integrate measuring elements into physical models.
- Develop ability to apply current techniques and tools, for model based design of signal condition circuits for Monitoring and Control of Electric Energy Conversion systems.
|School exam||07.03.2023 09:00||3 Hours||A–E, fail F|
Work requirementTo take an examination, the student must have passed the following coursework requirements:
|Laboratory exercises||Approved/ Not approved|
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3612
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet