ELE-3603 Fundamentals of Programmable Controllers - 5 ECTS
A relevant undergraduate Bachelor degree in Engineering program in power electronics and electrical machines. Basic knowledge in power systems is also an advantage.
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- minimum 25 credits in mathematics (equivalent to Mathematical Methods 1, 2 og 3), 5 credits in statistics and 7,5 ects i physics on a higher level is required.
Application code: 9371
After completing the subject, the candidate will have the following learning outcome:
The candidate knows
- the most common computer architectures, and can tell the difference between them, as well as the benefits and drawbacks of these.
- the VHDL hardware programming language.
The candidate can
- design and implement VHDL modules in an FPGA.
- describe and set up state machines with data-path in VHDL.
This course is open for inbound exchange student who meets the admission requirements. Please see the Admission requirements" section".
Do you have questions about this module? Please check the following website to contact the course coordinator for exchange students at the faculty: https://en.uit.no/education/art?p_document_id=510412.
- About the course
- Campus: Narvik |
- ECTS: 5
- Course code: ELE-3603
- Responsible unit
- Institutt for elektroteknologi
- Tidligere år og semester for dette emnet